Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sleeping right is hard

yep it is....
I haven't been able to sleep right

Some days I have to work
Some days there are good shows on TV
Some days I just don't want to go to bed yet

I don't know, maybe turning all the lights off and forcing myself to sleep at 10 pm kinda "traumatize" me a bit ;p
I mean, I sometimes stay awake in the dark for 2 hours before falling asleep, so it's kinda uncomfortable ;p
I know I can listen to relaxing music, meditate, pray, or just relax
but the fear of staying awake for 2 hours in the dark lead me to choose not sleeping instead.
I know it's stupid
and this repeats every night, so all of those unhealthiness accumulates over time and our body's natural rhythm is badly affected without a change to recover.
and I know it's BAD for me.

plus.... I realize that waking up is just hard for me because I have nothing exciting to look forward to !! I actually choose to sleep in instead of waking up and facing reality !!
How twisted am I ?
Seriously.... remember when u were a kid and u were going to Disneyland that day and you'd literary jump out of bed in excitement.
We all need that.....
I need that.... so I'm going to start my day enthousiastically and I'm going to fill my days doing fun meaningful stuff !!
I know.... it's not just about problem with sleeping anymore, it's about living your life, Hey, everything's connected !!

More about the bad side effects of not sleeping enough :
I just found out about Gwenthy.... wait... Gwyneth's blog
yup... as in Gwyneth Paltrow, mommy of Apple
she has a post on sleeping and I think it's worth reading
http://goop.com/newsletter/72/en/
btw.... it's a nice simple pastel colored website/blog.... I like looking at it :)

So as we know....but often disregard or simply forgot, we need sleep to heal and restore our body and not sleeping enough can lead to hormone imbalance, low immune system etc etc
in short.... sleep deprivation is BAD for you.

So....
as I say it,
If you don't want to die young, then sleep enough and sleep right
Don't think about it too much, don't force yourself too much
just sleep
and that's what I'm gonna do
No matter how hard it may be and how "traumatizing" it can be
(okay... I'm being to drama queen-y with the trauma thing)
I'm gonna start sleeping right
lights off 10 pm, wake up at 6 am
or better = lights off at 9 pm, wake up at 5 am
:)
yes.... smile.... it's not dat challenging.....it's not dat hard
don't be a weakling....it's just sleep afterall
bear with it

:)
and get that healthy morning sun :D

So I'm setting my alarm clock at 10 pm and 6 am everyday now
no more excuses
will see how it goes :)

0 comments: