Friday, May 21, 2010

Learn Chinese - Mandarin

Why
I've always wanted to learn the Chinese Language
(and German, Spanish, Portuguese, etc I'm a sucker for languages, speak 4 already)
but learning Chinese has always been the biggest challenge of em all.
I'm not particularly fond of the Chinese language like I love how the French language sound.
but I would love to be able to speak Chinese, I've always wanted to, even before China scare the world with its economic growth and everyone rushes to learn Chinese ;p

I've had lessons as a kid, then as a teenager, then as a grown up
none of em are successful
of course I can say the basic : How are you, Where is this, I want to, What's your name, bla bla bla
But No improvements throughout the years.
well.... no constant learning, that's why
and most of the chinese characters are...well...forgotten....

I was stubborn before
I insisted in learning both the traditional and the simplified chinese characters which means there's more to memorize...yeayy... which leads to none being remembered...booo
I love writing chinese characters.... it's like writing something I've always known all my life, all the strokes, the steps... I just like it.
But I think it's keeping me from learning more chinese.
well... mostly because I insisted in knowing how to write a sentence which slow me down in the learning process, and in the end, I don't even remember how to write those characters anyway.

So....
I'm going to learn chinese, and this time I'm going to succeed.

How
Learning the chinese characters is not hard, but memorizing them is, I know and I'm going to leave that behind for now.
I hereby declare that I'm going to be an illiterate in Chinese ;p muahahaha
at least in the beginning ;p

I'm going to get Chinese Audio CDs
learning by hearing and pronouncing
I'm going to get the tones right, I suck at it ;p
I think I have the basics for now.... I'll see how far this audio CD technique's gonna get me for now, and after a while, when I think I need to, I'll get lessons.
But for now, I'm just going to use audio CDs to help me learn Chinese
Repetitions is key !!!!
Chinese sentences are going to be like, embedded in my brain ;p

More updates on the " Chinese Blog " here

0 comments: