Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meditation - Meditate

Why ?
You know how people learn meditation techniques to be a calmer, healthier, happier person ?
and how a lot of people seem to "brag" about the benefits of meditation ?
yea.... I don't really know whether that's true or not, honestly.
I suppose I'm just going to see for myself ;p the only way to find out is by actually try meditating.
Because I want to be a calmer, healthier, happier person ;p

How
There are a lot of different techniques for meditation and everyone needs to find what best suit them. I don't know a lot of stuff on meditation.
But the more you practice, the better you get at it.
I guess I'm not the only one who gets bored and sleepy while doing the meditation, especially when you're doing it alone.
I'm also guessing I'm not the only one who's afraid that meditation might make me more "aware" of other spiritual beings, I don't know whether it's connected or not, but I sure don't want to see ghosts ;p (yep... you can call me paranoid ;p but others have also asked this question)
Anyhoo..... I tried a meditation workshop once, but I didn't feel anything, bought a CD and never practiced it again.
So.....
I'm going to start practicing meditation again, using the Guided Meditation CD.
I have a couple of books I need to re-read because I've forgotten a lot of stuff I read ;p
and I now have 2 Guided Meditation CD from 2 different instructor/expert/ (I don't really know what to call them....guru?)
I'll see which one suits me best.
The Goal is to be able to meditate and help me attain Happiness and Health
and no matter what meditation technique I choose, I'll always refer to God instead of the universe or the force or whatever, that way I feel safer.
We'll see how this goes....
I might stop at any time if I find meditation doesn't really suit me, no pressure whatsoever.

Oh yea..... and I've read about brainwave, brainsync, hemisync or something like that and you listen to it and you're supposed to feel refreshed or it makes you smarter etc etc
I'm kinda skeptic about them, I mean it's kinda scary messing with our natural brainwaves, but as I said, I don't know anything about these things, I mean, we listen to TV, Radio, etc everyday and they must produce some sort of waves, right ? so they must've been affecting in us in a way anyway ?

Anyhoo.....
- Chanting
As brainwaves are concerned, I'm just going to look more into chanting aum/om and I'll research more about it's benefit, I read somewhere that chanting aum/on and mmm gives different vibration in specific parts of our body, and it could be beneficial.
I'm not going to start chanting mantras or anything like that, I'll just start from aum/om
- Nature
And I've also read that we may be able to get those kind vibration by listening to nature, waves, bird chirping, waterfall, water flowing, wind, etc
I may be wrong, or I might be explaining it wrong, but I do know that we all need to get in touch with nature from time to time :)

More updates on the "Meditation blog"

0 comments: