Sunday, February 7, 2010

Piano & Finger Exercises

Why ?
I learnt the piano growing up and it's a love-hate relationship
Sometimes I hate the piano & sometimes I love the piano
As I grow older, I stopped taking lessons, I stopped practising, and I stopped playing
No specific reason really.... I was just lazy at practising.... cliche
and just like everyone else, I still dream of playing the piano beautifully and flawlessly :)

I know I'm not going to play like a concert pianist
I realize I'm probably tone deaf ;p

But I remember playing songs with lots of tiny mistakes here and there and I totally enjoyed it.
I remember the excitement and the rush as I played
That brief moment made me happy :)

So I'm going to start practising again

How
I'm just going to start by practising the scales first
No songs, just scales..............
For now, I'll keep on doing it until I can do it with my eyes closed
If I can't be at the piano, I'll do it on my desk.
I just need to train my fingers and oh boy I have a very weak pinkie

and I need to brush up my sight reading skills
My sight reading is really really baddddddddddd
So.... I'm going to train my brain ;p to memorize them

More info & updates on the "Piano" Blog

0 comments: