Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sleep - Rest

Why ?
I've always been a night owl
Ever since I was a kid, I'd sneak out of bed time and nap time
Growing up... I sleep late all the time, I enjoy working at night, watching TV at night, etc
plus... I'm not a person who can fall asleep just like that.... I don't think I have insomnia, I just don't fall asleep right away
(and I'm scared of ghosts ;p wakakak)
But....
I know it's not healthy, so I want to start sleeping right !
No more Panda eyes, I want that glow on my face :)
I want to have a good healthy immune system
I want to have a healthy daily rhythm and feel fresh & awake all day
(none of those "I feel tired n sleepy during the day")

How
I'm going to set an alarm clock to sleep at 10 pm and wake up at 6 am
It's been a bit hard to do so far.... will post more on how it goes, I just seem to have things to do, or there's this great show on TV, or I want to spend more time with families n friends, etc
But.........
I'm going to start now,

10 pm - lights off - If I can't sleep, I'll do whatever, listen to relaxing songs, focus on my breathing, pray, ..... But I must stay in bed even if I can't sleep till 2 am ;p
6 am - alarm on - wake up and get up
and I read that if I get that morning sun (7 am maybe), then it sets up my body's natural alarm and I'll be able to wake up at 6 am again the next days.....
I mean.... if I do this for at least a week, I think I'll be able to change my sleeping pattern, right :)

I actually succeeded, and for 2 straight weeks, I slept at 9 pm and wake up at 6 am everyday and I wasn't even trying !!! I was just so sleepy at night and I woke up fresh in the morning.
But then I went on a roadtrip and my new healthy sleeping pattern's messed up again.

So.......
I'm gonna try it again :)

More info on the "Sleep" Blog

0 comments: