Sunday, February 7, 2010

Prayers

Why ?
I was raised a Catholic and my parents taught me to pray every night before going to bed.
Lately I've stopped praying. why ? simply because I'm lazy !!
or sometimes I'd just say "Dear God, I'm going to bed now, Thank you for today, Good night"
I say that brief prayers because I'm too sleepy after watching too much TV.
Priorities are not right.

I've had so many blessings and miracles in my life
What makes me think that I don't need to thank God anymore ?
Who am I to talk to him as if I'm talking to a nobody ?
I realize that I don't talk to Him enough
I realize that I don't thank Him enough
I still have some struggles in life, some dreams to achieve, and I need him to guide me
I want to spend more time with Him, we all need to

How
I'm not going to start praying nonstop for hours and hours

I'm going to start a Morning and Night Prayers
and it's not even a set of well-written prayers (although there are good ones out there)
It's just my prayers... simple prayers that might change from day to day.

Every Morning
I'll thank Him for giving me another opportunity to live today
I'll ask for His guidance and for strength to make the most out of today, so that me and my work may be useful for others,
I'll ask Him to remind me to stay humble and kind

Throughout the Day
I'll be aware that He's protecting me and guiding me
I'll try to keep anger and pride away & stay close to Him
I'll be grateful all day and just be Happy

Every Night
I'll thank Him for today
I'll reflect on today, what I did wrong, what I did right, what I could improve
I'll humbly ask for another day tomorrow and promise to be better
I'll talk to Him about my worries, my dreams, my burden
I'll feel safe in His protection

I'll start with that.....
There are a lot of good prayers out there
Find one that seems like "it's written for you" and pray it.... again and again :)
and by His grace, you'll see good things come your way

More info on the "Prayers" Blog

0 comments: