Sunday, February 7, 2010

No TV - Less TV

Why ?
I'm not saying all TV is bad for you
but.....a lot of TV shows contains :
- too much violence & bad language
- too much cr*p
- too much advertising

and me ?
No self control, No discipline, I don't do work, I just watch for hours

When I'm watching TV alone
I'm a couch potato, when I watch a good show on TV, I can't stop
I just sit there glued to the screen and couch, wasting my time and tiring my eyes.
I'm like.... "oh I'm so sleepy, my eyes are so tired, but I just got so curious I need to know the end of the story"
Silly me huh ???? What's the point of knowing the end of a movie if I have to risk my health by not sleeping and making my eyes really tired.
I want to be more productive and make a better use of my time.
I know the shows are good, but I know that I have to work on making my dreams come true, in real life !!
I first decided that I'm not going to watch TV for a while
I found that to be impossible, well... nothing is impossible, I just find it hard to do.

and besides.... When I watching TV with my family....we talk and share and tell stories, so it's kinda like a family gathering thing.
plus everyone has a TV in their room and we do spend a lot of our times in front of TV,
so not watching TV with them also mean losing some quality time with them and I love sharing time with my family.
So... they're not going to change drastically, so I'm going to change :)

How
I'm going to be IN CONTROL
Even if the show on TV is really really good, I won't keep watching it if I'm sleepy, if I have work to do, If my eyes are dry and tired, etc

If I'm going to watch some TV, then I'll prioritize the useful shows such as :
National Geographic, Animal Planet, Discovery channel, etc
Foreign channels to brush up my Italian and French : RAI and TV5
and any other show that I find interesting and useful

whenever I feel I deserve TV to unwind, I'll also allow any show actually ;p
yup.... Gossip channel, CSI, Supernatural, 30 Rock, Reruns of Friends, Blockbuster movies, everything, but I'll limit it to probably 1 show at a time.

but above all.... I'll get myself busy with meaningful activities instead of TV
for example, when I'm excited working on a new project, I don't even want to watch TV, AT ALL !!.... So I'll focus on that :)

andddd.............
for whenever I watch TV, I must DO SOMETHING USEFUL
What things ???
I can do Weights (triceps), Stretch for Flexibility, Breathe well, Workout on (treadmill/bike), Face exercise, Chin exercise, Finger exercise, whatever I can do to not just sit and watch.

it takes DISCIPLINE !! and I want it
so... it's LESS TV for now and If I can go with NO TV, then so be it :)

More info & updates on the "No TV" Blog

0 comments: