Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yoga ...sorta

I've always hated Yoga....
I had my first class when I was in high school and I just thought, wow this class is weird, what are we doing, the poses are so easy and not useful.

fast forward to now
I think..... I'm loving Yoga now

well... it's not really a pure Yoga class
I've recently join a nearby gym and they offer this class that combined Yoga-Taichi-Pilates, etc.
but it's mainly Yoga, because Taichi is only used as the beginning warm up and Pilates is only used to strengthen the core (sit-ups)
and I didn't really like it at first, but surprisingly as I went to more classes, I'm loving it.
and I love how the Yoga poses is strengthening my muscles and gives stretching exercises.

So !!!!
on the Flexibility-Stretch Project
I'm not doing it Solo at home anymore, because it gets boring to do it alone....boo :(
Being in a class, however, is more fun and you push yourself more.... competition, you see ;p
So..... I'm Yoga-ing almost on a daily basis now....
except, I think I need more than just a 45 mins- 1 hour class.

and somehow ......
I've been waking up early for almost a week now.
I'm notorious for sleeping in..... ;p
and as a result, I get sleepy earlier at night.
I still sleep around midnite-1 am, which I should improve to around 10 pm !!!!!!!!!
but before, it was around 2-3-4 am, usually.
I'm thinking maybe this Yoga thing is fixing my sleeping pattern ?
because I was working out before and it didn't do anything to my sleeping pattern,
or maybe it's because I'm just simply getting old ? what ?????
haha...whatever it is...it's working !!
So.... hopefully this Sleep Project is a go too :)

weehoo ;)

0 comments: